If you think you can’t have an impeccable DIY manicure, you’ve come to the right place! We promise you an easy step-by-step manicure as well as a fun me-time.
Want to avoid that expensive salon trip because you’re low on cash or because you’re skeptical about salon hygiene in these times? Well, it’s always the right time to master your manicure skills! Not only do well done nails look chic and sophisticated, DIY manicures have proven to be very therapeutic and meditative. So let’s get you an Instagram-worthy manicure!
1. Nail polish remover: First and foremost, start with cleaning your nails using a good nail polish remover – one that not only removes every bit of the toughest nail polishes on your nails, but also provides nourishment to your nails and cuticles. This is important (and often, underestimated) because many nail polish removers out there are of mediocre quality and deteriorate nail health over a period of time. Here’s Mikyajy’s recommendations for you:
2. Soak your hands in warm water: This helps soften your nails, dead skin and cuticles for easy grooming/removal. You can use some bath salts as well for an aromatic experience. Refrain from using extremely hot water.
3. Clean up that dead skin: Use a cuticle remover to push back the cuticle that has grown over your nails and clip it carefully. Look for dead skin around your nails to clip as well. Be super careful otherwise you could cut into your skin and leave undesirable and painful marks on your fingers. Don’t forget the dead skin under your nails.
4. Trim, file, buff and moisturize: Trim your nails to the desired length and file them to avoid uneven edges. Decide on the shape you love (round, square, almond, oval, ballerina and so many more) and trim precisely. Don’t forget to follow this up with buffing your nails and thank us later! Apply a hand cream of your choice after you’re done with trimming, filing and buffing. Give your hands a good massage. You’ll see your skin glowing and your nails glistening with increased blood circulation.
5. It’s color time! Apply a base coat, followed by 2 coats of the color you choose, and then a top coat (or you could use a glittery nail enamel instead to glam it up). Pick from a wide variety of Mikyajy’s nail enamels. Our favorite is the Halal-certified Breathable Nail Enamels.